Co-Design for Public Value Workshop
As part of Singapore Design Week 2015, Service Design Lab and ThinkPlace hosted a workshop, ‘Co-design for Public Value’ on 19 March 2015. The workshop brought together almost 100 participants from various government agencies, professional designers and researchers.
The workshop featured a panel of four speakers from Singapore, Finland and Australia who shared their experiences and research in public sector design:
- Kirsikka Vaajakallio (Senior Service Designer, Hellon Finland) will speak on ‘How to develop design capabilities in the public sector? Towards sustainable implementation’
- Agnes Kwek (Director of Corporate Transformation, Land Transport Authority) will speak on ‘How LTA manages to adopt design: Challenges and know-hows, perceived values and future plans’
- Nina Terrey (Partner, ThinkPlace – Australia) will speak on ‘Why design is a must-have in the public sector: Managing by design in the public sector’
- Hefen Wong (Senior Assistant Director, Behavioural Insights and Design Unit, Ministry of Manpower Singapore) will speak on ‘ How MOM manages to adopt design: Challenges and know-hows, perceived values and future plans’.
The participants also dived into a hands-on discussion, exploring:
- why is design a must-have for the modern public sector?
- how do we grow design capabilities in the public sector?
- what processes, practices and tools?
- what challenges are encountered, and how do we overcome them?
- how do we implement and manage change?